cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vWzhk24          “Upon moving to the US, you will want to get your finances in order. Open a bank account first. This can be difficult for international people if they do not have a Social Security card. Open a US credit card and bank accounts for spouse to establish credit.  Have an established broker explain the differences in international retirement plans and US plans. The tax differences etc. Do not be in a hurry to transfer all your money, wait until you have had a full education from a recommended and knowledgeable broker. Attend some classes on finances so you self educate. The system in the US can be very different than other countries , I could recommend the Internet for cost of living information, schools, house prices, health, jobs, crime, etc.”   Dawn Thompson – IBCircle Board Member

lori            ” The Credit unions are a great banking option; the large firms like Wells Fargo and US Bank, can be difficult to deal with. I’m sure Western Union can provide some guidance!”    Lori Freemire – IBCircle Board Member

DSC 1 small           ” Use a discount broker for stock, ETF, et al., trades like Scottrade, Schwab, Interactive Brokers, etc.  If your’re going to stay in the US for an extended period, consider creating a living trust for one’s assets/estate.”   David Charmatz – IBCircle Board Member